The Louisiana Tire & Automotive Service Association (LTASA) launched the Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Scholarship in 2016 to be available to LTASA members. The ASE Scholarship is designed to recognize individuals that are furthering their careers through certification tests offered through the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence.
The LTASA Scholarship Committee has the authority to award a number of ASE Scholarships annually. Selected recipients must be employed by an LTASA member company in good standing and may be eligible to receive up to two $150 reimbursement scholarships annually.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted and ASE Test Prep & Training must be successfully completed within the same calendar year. Interested applicants have two ways to apply:
- Before taking the ASE course, you may apply for the scholarship. If selected, the scholarship will be awarded after proof of successful completion or certification is submitted to LTASA within thirty days of completion.
- After taking the ASE course, you may apply for the scholarship within thirty days of successfully completing the course. Proof of successful completion or certification must be submitted with the application.
- Automobile & Light Truck
- Collision Repair & Refinish
- Damage Analysis & Estimating
- Automobile Service Consultant
- Truck Equipment
- Alternate Fuels
- Auto Maintenance & Light Repair
- Transit Bus
- Advanced Engine Performance Specialist
- Electronic Diesel Engine Diagnosis Specialist
- Light Duty Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Specialist
- Engine Machinist
- Parts Specialist
- School Bus
- Medium-Heavy Truck
- Undercar Specialist Exhaust Systems
- See ASE.com for more info!
ASE is short for the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence. Since 1972 our independent non-profit organization has worked to improve the quality of vehicle repair and service by testing and certifying automotive professionals. ASE promotes excellence in vehicle repair, service, and parts distribution. Almost 300,000 Automotive Technicians and Service Professionals hold ASE Certifications. ASE Certified Professionals work in every part of the automotive service industry. ASE certifies automotive technicians and service professionals, not auto shops.
How Does ASE Certification Work?
In addition to passing an ASE Certification test, automotive technicians must have two years of on-the-job training or one year of on-the-job training and a two-year degree in automotive repair to qualify for certification. The tests are challenging. Only two out of every three test-takers pass on their first attempt. To remain ASE certified, professionals must retest every five years to keep up with ever-advancing automotive technology.