The LTASA College Scholarship was created to honor those students who have achieved academic excellence and who have proven community leadership abilities by awarding them a scholarship to the accredited college or vocational school of their choice.
Your completed application and all requested documents must be sent to the LTASA office by May 28th.
- The applicant must be a son or daughter of an owner, manager, or employee who is working in the tire dealer business or automotive service business. The student can be an employee of the member as well.
- The business must be an LTASA member in good standing.
- The applicant must be a graduating high school student or presently enrolled in an accredited college or vocational school.
- The applicant can not be a former recipient of the LTASA Scholarship.
- The student may complete the application before he or she has been notified of acceptance at the school of choice. However, to be eligible, applicants must be accepted at an accredited college, university, or vocational school.
- Awards will be made on the basis of student character, citizenship & scholastic ability.
- The LTASA Scholarship Committee will determine the number of scholarships to be awarded. Awards will be announced by the LTASA Board of Directors. Checks will be payable to the student.
To apply for LTASA's College Scholarship, please download & complete the fillable application to be sent with all requested documentation to the LTASA office at P.O. Box 82531, Baton Rouge, LA 70884. All applications must be postmarked by May 28th in order to be considered. In addition to a completed application form, please see the checklist for a full listing of the requested info.
- Completed Application Form
- Essay explaining why you should be chosen for the LTASA Scholarship, helping the Scholarship Committee learn more about you & your aspirations in life [250 - 500 words]
- Letter/Transcript Verifying GPA and ACT Score
- High School Seniors to submit high school transcript & ACT score
- College students to submit ACT scores & college transcripts, not high school transcripts.
- Student Photograph/Headshot
- Please note that the student’s photograph & bio may be publicized in LTASA's quarterly newsletter if selected for the scholarship award.
To donate to the LTASA Scholarship Fund, please send your check to the LTASA office at P.O. Box 82531, Baton Rouge, LA 70884. You can also donate through the button linked below. We appreciate your support!
Support the Scholarship Fund
You can also support the Scholarship Fund by participating in our Scholarship Fund Tournament, held annually in October.